The Chiu-Ying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Chiu-Ying Forum

The Wing Chun / Wing Tsun / Ving Tsun / Discussion Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Training kicking and leg techniques.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sticky Hands

Training kicking and leg techniques. Empty
PostSubject: Training kicking and leg techniques.   Training kicking and leg techniques. EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 4:15 pm

I know that in Wing Chun kicks are generally kept below the waist however when training is it best to use the same technique but raise it's height? I thought this would help flexibility, strength and stamina however I don't want to train bad habits.
Back to top Go down
Jin-Ka
Admin

Training kicking and leg techniques. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training kicking and leg techniques.   Training kicking and leg techniques. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 4:23 am

Hi Sticky-Hands and welcome to the Chiu-Ying Forum.

Generally as you point out most Wing Chun is below the waist, but in practice I think its definately good training to Kick higher than you normally would in actual application.

And providing you still incorperate the same Kicks but simply increase the level of their focus, you certainly shouldnt adopt any bad habits that could cause you problems at a later date in your training.

I think it will only make your normal Kicks easier to apply, with better overal Balance, Co-ordination and Impact Power.

Jin-Ka
Back to top Go down
https://economy-of.forumotion.com

Training kicking and leg techniques.
Page 1 of 1